Our Race


Our Race

As I look at the picture above I rejoice in the family God has given me. My precious family, the treasure that God has placed in my hands to guide and disciple. Please keep them in your prayers as they grow. Tanya in now 16 and starting to think about college. She has many choices to make in the next year or two. We are hoping to get her started with classes over the internet and at least let her get some basics finished. Christy is 13 and loves life. She has a servants heart and can be counted on to help whether it is with cookies or cleaning. Josh (9) is starting his personal race. He loves action, mechanics, building, and good stories. Pray that we can guide him into meaningful service for the Lord and that we can help all of them grow in the Lord.

(The new background and Title is courtesy of Tanya and her new computer. :) )

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Truck Rebuild Reaches the Bottom


I thought that I would pass along a quick brief on how things are going on the truck rebuild. It is hard to even know where to start in describing the work that has been done. We have the engine apart and are now waiting on some parts. The cam shaft is beyond the point of reusing so one is on order. Thankfully we have a friend who is walking it over with his luggage on the 28th when he returns to Kenya. We have fixed the rear axle and painted the frame and braces. The A-arms and springs all have new bushings and the final coat of black paint was applied today. Tomorrow we are going to start putting the axles on the new frame and seeing how far we can get. I should have more pictures and news by the week end so I will keep this short. If you are at all interested in engines and what has happened to our engine, check the links to the truck pictures. It has a lot of detailed shots of the work with explanations of what you are looking at. I also updated the old link that shows the broken frame and sheet metal. Keep us in your prayers as we put this together as it is critical to have a reliable vehicle if you want to live here in Kenya. I can't even imagine how much better this truck will be. It should be back to 80% of new. I reserve 20% as there are problems in the engine that I can't fix in Kenya. Even with these problems, we will have a much better running engine. The picture on the left shows the problem that caused us to pull the engine and also destroyed the cam shaft. The metal pieces are called lifter and are supposed to have perfectly round rollers on the end. You can see how worn they are. One is even cracked and missing a section. This was what was causing the clicking noise that I was looking for.

No comments: